Roland Quinoa, Tri-Color, 5 Pound Bag. Quinoa is an ancient grain known for its nutritious, edible seeds. The seeds are rinsed in water and cooked similarly to rice. Quinoa is an ancient grain known for its nutritious, edible seeds. The seeds are rinsed in water and cooked similarly to rice. When prepared in boiling water on the stovetop, quinoa can be ready in as little as 15 to 20 minutes. It will have a fluffy texture and a mild, nutty flavor once cooked. Easy to incorporate into any dish, quinoa is also naturally gluten free, so it will suit many different types of recipes and dietary needs.
- A natural source of fiber and a good source of iron
- Also one of the unique whole grain foods that are a complete protein
- Quinoa was considered by the Incas to be the "mother of all grains"
- This blend of black, white and red quinoa has a delicate, neutral taste and is prewashed and ready-to-use
- Nutritious, high in fiber, vitamins and minerals, and contains a balanced set of amino acids
- Kosher and gluten free with zero grams of trans fat
- Product of Peru