Goya Green Pigeon Peas, 15-Oz (Pack of 12 cans). Hand-picked tender green pigeon peas from high in the mountains. Serve with long grain rice to make a delectable Caribbean meal. Goya Green Pigeon Peas are the Caribbean's best loved beans. Serve saucy over rice or the classic arroz con gandules. Goya Green Pigeon Peas are a product of Ecudor.
- It's as delicious enjoyed in its raw state, poured on a salad, as it is used to cook your favorite dish.
- Serve over rice or use for classic Arroz con Gandules
- If it's Goya. It has to be good!
RECIPE: Arroz con Gandules - Rice & Pigeon Peas
Caribbean Celebration Food
Arroz con Gandules is the meal everyone in the Caribbean enjoys for the holidays or other celebrations with family and friends. After all, rice and pigeon peas is the classic holiday meal.
This Arroz con Gandules recipe only needs a few essential staples, so your family can make Arroz con Gandules for celebrations all year round. Serves 4 Prep time: 25 min. Total time: 1 hour
1 tbsp. Extra virgin Olive oil
¼ lb. country ham, cubed
½ green bell pepper, chopped (about ½ cup)
½ yellow onion, chopped (about ½ cup)
2 packets Sazon Goya with Coriander and Annatto
1 tbsp. MInced Garlic
2 tsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro
1 tsp. Oregano
1½ cups medium grain rice
1 can (15 oz.) GOYA® Green Pigeon Peas
4 oz. Tomato Sauce
1/4 cup Manzanillas Olives stuffed with minced piminentos
1. Heat oil in a medium, heavy saucepan over medium-high heat. Add ham to pan; cook until brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in peppers and onions; cook, stirring occasionally, scraping up brown bits from bottom, until vegetables are soft and translucent, 10 minutes. Add sazón, garlic, cilantro and oregano. Cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
2. Add rice to pan. Cook, stirring frequently, until coated in oil and toasted, about 1 minute. Stir in pigeon peas, tomato sauce, olives and 1½ cups water; using a wooden spoon, stir once and bring rice mixture to a boil. Cook, uncovered, until water is evaporated, about 10 minutes. Gently stir rice from bottom up.
3. Lower heat to medium low and cook, covered, until rice is tender, about 15 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat. Gently fluff rice with fork. Cover pan and let stand 5 minutes.